Re: E-M:/ Trash (and much more) Gasification......Re: Out of state trash/Granholm/waste incineration

One other "old" issue with centralized trash
gasification and its corporate character....is one it shares with  older
style waste to energy plants.

Sponsors of a centralized trash gasification facility will want to enter
contractual agreements to receive trash that feature "flow control" approaches
that guarantee delivery of trash.   In doing so, centralized
trash gasification has the potential, as with traditional
waste to energy plants, either to compete with or to eclipse
pre-existing or future materials recycling and waste recovery
efforts.    As the long ago former solid waste division director
at the then MDNR, Fred Kello once said about recycling:

"Care must be taken not to reduce some of the more valuable
portions of the waste stream...".... in relation to waste heading to
waste to energy plants.

At 02:01 AM 08/30/2007, you wrote:
>I guess the word is that the Granholm initiative on trash to
>energy will not be Detroit Incinerator style trash combustion/heat
>recovery for steam/electricity approach.
>
>It will instead by production of synthetic gas and synthetic
>liquids from trash using gasification units.

SNIP

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com