E-M:/ Draft Great Lakes Mercury in Products Phase-Down Strategy

Alex,

Marcia Horan from MDEQ recommended that I contact you to invite you to send the following announcement to the Enviro-Mich listserv.  We are trying to spread the announcement as broadly as possible to potential stakeholders.

Thank you for your time.

Deb Jacobson

Apologies for cross-posting.

The Great Lakes Regional Collaboration announces a sixty day public comment period for a Draft Great Lakes Mercury in Products Phase-Down Strategy.  In fulfillment of a Collaboration Strategy recommendation, in April 2006, State, Tribal, and City staff commenced development of a basin-wide Strategy for the phase-down of mercury in products and waste.

A draft Strategy is now available for public comment at http://glrc.us/initiatives/toxics/drafthgphasedownstrategy.html, through October 27, 2007.   We invite comments on the Strategy itself and on how best to move forward with implementation, as well as commitments from stakeholders to implement components of the Strategy.

A copy of the draft document was first distributed to government agency experts for technical review, then revised and distributed to a limited group of industry and environmental group stakeholders.  A summary of comments that were received and incorporated can also be found at the above web link.

Please send comments electronically to Debra Jacobson at djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu.  When sending comments by e-mail be sure to put the words "Great Lakes Mercury Strategy Comments" in the subject line of your e-mail.

If you have questions please contact Debra Jacobson at djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu or (630) 472 - 5019 (Phone).

Debra Jacobson
E-mail Address djacobso@wmrc.uiuc.edu
1010 Jorie Boulevard, Suite 12
Oakbrook, IL  60523
630/472-5019
630/472-5023 Fax

WMRC http://www.wmrc.uiuc.edu
PNEAC http://www.pneac.org
GLRPPR http://www.glrppr.org

Alex J. Sagady & Associates        http://www.sagady.com

Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com