E-M:/ Environmental Studies, Conservation Biology, and other programs @ CMU

Central Michigan University is hosting an informational campus tour and program showcase this Saturday at the Mount Pleasant campus.

The event takes place this Saturday, September 8th from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

The 27th annual “CMU and You Day” will have information for prospective students on the Environmental Studies Program; Biology with a Conservation concentration; Geology with an Environmental and Hydrogeology concentration; and dozens of other academic programs.  Prospective students and parents are invited to attend.  This is a great opportunity for high school juniors and seniors who are thinking about careers in the environmental fields.  There is no charge for the program and lunch is on us.

Details and registration information is available at this link.

http://www.cmich.edu/CMUandYouDay/

Hope to see some of you there!

--Tom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas K. Rohrer, Asst. Prof. & Director

Environmental Studies Program

318 Brooks Hall

Central Michigan University

Mt. Pleasant  MI  48859

U. S. A.

Ph. (989) 774-4409

email = tom.rohrer@cmich.edu

CMU Environmental Studies Program information is available at:

http://www.cst.cmich.edu/units/env/

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world: indeed it is the only thing that ever has!

                     -- Margaret Meade

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though sometimes checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much.....because they live in that gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

                                ~~ Teddy Roosevelt

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait till oil and coal run out before we tackle that."

                          ~~Thomas Edison, 1931