Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:23 AM
Subject: E-M:/ Defining DNR's derogation

Several readers e-mailed to ask about an item on the Department of Natural Resources Web site that asks for public comment on the "derogation" of five chemicals for use in forestry.

Derogation simply means deviating from a standard and using something in a way that it is not used normally or hasn't been used before.

The chemicals to be derogated are hexazinone, Dimilin, dicamba, 2,4-D dimethylamine salt and 2,4-D 2-ethylexter ester. Members of the public can comment by writing Nezich at the DNR, Marquette Operation Center, 1990 U.S. 41 South, Marquette, MI 49855, or by sending e-mail to him at nezichd@michigan.gov.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070906/SPORTS10/709060405/1058