E-M:/ Energy Choices Conference coming up Sept 29

** Energy Choices for a Sustainable Future **

On Saturday, September 29th, 2007, Upland Hills Ecological Awareness Center will present the fourth annual "Energy Choices for a Sustainable Future". This conference will be held from 9:30am to 5:30pm at Oakland Community College - Auburn Hills, Bldg F, conveniently located near M-59 and Squirrel Road.

Join with Michigan energy leaders to help create a sustainable energy future. Enjoy a day of keynotes, presentations, exhibits, and networking, all for only $20 ($25 after 9/21, $5 member discount). Seating is limited, so register today!

Program:

Well-known sustainable energy advocates will provide our keynote addresses, including:

* Patrick Hudson, State of Michigan - Energy Office: "Energy State-of-the-State"
* Debra Rowe, Ph.D., University Leaders for a Sustainable Future: "Energy Trends & Opportunities"
* David Cooper,The Mountaintop Removal Roadshow: "The Hidden Costs of Coal Power"

The conference will offer informative presentations by top energy educators as well as exhibits providing hands-on demonstration of practical energy solutions and information about important energy-related programs. Topics will include:

* The Economics of Renewable Energy
* Wind Energy Basics
* PV Solar: Electricity from the Sun
* Careers in Alternative Energy
* Green Building & Remodeling
* Energy-efficient Lighting
* The Energy-wise Homeowner
* The Future of Transportation
* Biodiesel and Other Alternative Fuels
* Energy-efficient Tax Credits
* Energy Literacy for Teachers
* Solar Pool and Hot Water Heating
* Buying Green Energy
* Green Lodging
* Crude Awakening: The End of Cheap Oil
* Zero Energy Home
* Ann Arbor's 5000 Solar Roofs Initiative
* Energy and Environmental Organizations
* Geothermal Heating/Cooling systems
* Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Vehicles
* and much more!

Registration:

Space is limited, so register today! Click "Energy Conference" at www.uheac.org to register and optionally pay on-line, or call us at 248-693-1021 to register by phone and pay by check (payable to UHEAC, 2375 Indian Lake Rd., Oxford, MI  48370).

Continental breakfast and coffee service will be included. An optional organic, buffet lunch (vegetarian optional) is available for $10, payable with registration. For payments made before 9/21, please send $30 for registration with lunch or $20 without lunch (members deduct $5 discount).

Location:

OCC, Auburn Hills Campus is located at 2900 Featherstone Road, Auburn Hills, MI  48326-2845.  Map can be found at http://www.oaklandcc.edu/Maps/AHCampus/ .

For assistance or further information, please email us at info@uheac.org or call 248-693-1021.

Upland Hills Ecological Awareness Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing experiences that teach and promote sustainable and responsible relationship with the natural world and each other. We depend on membership support and involvement in order to grow and expand our work. Please visit our website at www.uheac.org  to learn more.