E-M:/ Jeff Kart - environmental journalism

We need to express a "Thank you" to Jeff Kart for his talents and help covering environmental topics.

Times writer Jeff Kart has been selected as the second-place recipient of a 2007 Feinstone Environmental Award, a national honor for outstanding journalism.

Kart, who covers the environment and politics for The Times, was chosen for his efforts to educate the public with breaking news about environmental issues.

''We're very gratified to get recognition for something we've singled out as a priority in our coverage,'' said Times Editor John Hiner. ''Since Jeff took the beat in 2003, he's made himself into one of the best environmental reporters in the country, and he's raised the level of awareness in our community to the many environmental challenges we face here.''

http://www.mlive.com/news/bctimes/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1189178213152150.xml&coll=4