Re: E-M:/ Big-game trip keeps legislator away

Enviro-Mich message from "Mark Richardson" <Mark.Richardson@macombcountymi.gov>

Let me chime in with a radical fantasy idea:

In light of the budget crisis, Rep Agema decides that it is his duty to
be at the legislature until the issue is resolved, and therefore he
decides to skip the vacation and eat the cost.

Why do I get the feeling that, instead of praising such a move, Rep
Agema's conservative base might view it with suspicion?  (He actually
thinks public business is more important than private business!  He
might be going soft on us!)

Whenever Rush Limbaugh gets on his high horse about "entitlement
mentality" I just have to laugh.  It is the modern-day so-called
conservatives who are the primary exemplars of the entitlement
mentality.  Raise federal taxes to fight a war?  Completely
unacceptable!  Raise state taxes to maintain services in a shrinking
economy?  Out of the question!  Give up my bought and paid for vacation
merely to serve the public?  Unthinkable!

>>> <WovenWoman@aol.com> 9/20/2007 3:46 PM >>>

In a message dated 9/19/2007 10:51:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,