Please feel welcome to pass this on!
ENERGY CHOICES FOR A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
Saturday September 29th, 2007
9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
at Oakland Community College in Auburn Hills, Bldg. 'F'
Featuring informative presentations by top energy educators, exhibits providing hands-on demonstration of practical energy solutions, and information about important energy-related programs and organizations.
Topics will include:
* The Economics of Renewable Energy
* Wind Energy Basics
* PV Solar: Electricity from the Sun
* Careers in Alternative Energy
* Green Building & Remodeling
* Energy-efficient Lighting
* The Energy-wise Homeowner
* The Future of Transportation
* Biodiesel and Other Alternative Fuels
* Energy-efficient Tax Credits
* The Energy and Food Security Connection
* Energy Literacy for Teachers
* Solar Pool and Hot Water Heating
* Buying Green Energy
* Green Lodging
* Crude Awakening: The End of Cheap Oil
* Zero Energy Home
* Ann Arbor's 5000 Solar Roofs Initiative
* Energy and Environmental Organizations
* Geothermal Heating/Cooling systems
* Alternative Fuel Vehicles
* and much more!
Plus keynote addresses by sustainable energy leaders, including:
"Energy State-of-the-State": Patrick Hudson, State of Michigan's Energy Office
"Energy Trends & Opportunities": Dr. Debra Rowe, Senior Fellow, University Leaders for a Sustainable Future
"The Hidden Costs of Coal Power": David Cooper, The Mountaintop Removal Roadshow
Cost for all presentations, keynote addresses and exhibits is $25. An optional organic, buffet lunch is available for $10. Registration and information is available on-line at www.uheac.org, via email at email@example.com, or by phone at 248-693-1021.
Oakland Community College, Auburn Hills Campus is located at 2900 Featherstone Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2845. Map can be found at http://www.oaklandcc.edu/Maps/AHCampus/ .
The conference is made possible with major grant support from the State of Michigan - Energy Office and Oakland Community College - Environmental Technology Systems and Alternative Energy Program. Major sponsors include WaterFurnace International, DTE Energy, and Mechanical Energy Systems.
Upland Hills Ecological Awareness Center is a Michigan Energy Demonstration Center, founded over 30 years ago. It offers a broad spectrum of presentations, events and workshops on ecology, sustainability, renewable energy, holistic health and indigenous wisdom. Its facilities are located at 2375 Indian Lake Road, Oxford, MI 48370 and are designed to blend with nature and demonstrate innovative technology and ?green? design. Visit our website at www.uheac.org or call 248-693-1021 to learn more.