Re: E-M:/ Shutting down Gov't: Who ya gonna call?

In a message dated 9/28/2007 10:01:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mccannr@michigan.gov writes:
I have worked with the DEQ staff for about 3 ½ years now, and during that time I have never ceased to be impressed by the dedication our staff has to doing their jobs and protecting Michigan's environment, often under difficult and thankless conditions.  We of course have disagreements with the environmental community at times, but we have never been unwilling to listen to their concerns.
Couldn't agree with you more Bob about the dedication of DEQ staff. But don't use them to make an argument for the many times this administration has caved to special interests, bent the rules, marginalized the DEQ staff, withheld information or put resource protection/ public health on the back burner for a political agenda.

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council
2421 Kipling
Saginaw, MI 48602