Re: E-M:/ Shutting down Gov't: Who ya gonna call?

I can confirm the dedication and competence of DEQ and DNR staff from quite a different perspective than most; however, I think it is important to protect them from political pressures, and the best remedy for that is opening everything to public view (and input) in a timely manner. This list can help enormously with that information.

Nonetheless, the Benton Harbor/ Whirpool/ Jean Klock Park story should be an embarrassment for all.

Larry D. Noodén, Professor Emeritus    Ph. 734-764-4436
1270 Natural Sci. Bldg.                FAX 734-647-0884
Biology Dept.                              734-763-0544
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1048  http://www.biology.lsa.umich.edu/~ldnum/