E-M:/ Who will be in charge? Who WILL we call?

Michigan

My friends in Lenawee County report major recent events at www.nocafos.org.  Included is a PDF of the remarkable Sept 13 DEQ letter indicating nobody's in charge at Vreba-Hoff and the operations now pose "a grave threat to public health and the environment.".

What I want to know is, as of Monday, with some huge portion of the DEQ staff laid off for some indeterminate time – WHO will be in charge there to deal with this grave threat to public health and the environment?

Robert McCann – can you please advise us who we should call in case of an environmental disaster?

-Rita

Rita Jack

Water Sentinels Project, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter

tel:  517-484-2372

Make all Michigan's waters fishable and swimmable.

www.nocafos.org
BULLETINS: Sept 26 - Attorney General's office orders Vreba-Hoff to pay $141,500 in penalties for multiple violations over the last two months; also orders removal of 350 cows.

Sept 13 - DEQ notes "Vreba-Hoff has allowed conditions to further deteriorate to the point the Dairy Operations now pose a grave threat to public health and the environment." (see pdf of full DEQ letter)