E-M:/ "MOUNTAINTOP REMOVAL PROGRAMS- The Unseen Costs of Coal-fired Power" in Ypsilanti 10/2 & Grand Rapids 10/3

“MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL:

The Unseen Costs of Coal-fired Power”

October 2nd (Tues) 12 Noon & 5:30pm

Halle Auditorium EMU Library, 955 W.Circle Dr

 Ypsilanti, MI  48197

October 3rd (Wed) 7:00pm

Grand Rapids Township Hall, 1836 E. Beltline NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49525

Presenters:  Dave Cooper

Dave worked for many years as a mechanical engineer in various

industries.  He decided to devote his full attention to environmental

issues after seeing a mountain top removal mine in Kayford, W. VA.

He is a member of the Sierra Club and Kentuckians for the

Commonwealth and worked for a year as a coalfield organizer.

Larry Gibson

Larry has fought for over 15 years to save Kayford Mountain

and his family cemetery on top of the mountain from mountaintop

 removal.  In early September, Larry was highlighted as

CNN’s Hero of the Week and his efforts have been chronicled by

ABC’s Nightline, 20/20, the BBC, US News & World Report,

New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune and more.

Come hear their story at this FREE program!

There are cleaner, home-grown alternatives along with “Energy Efficiency”

Programs that would negate the need for removing the coal from our mountains

 plus the need for the construction of ‘new’ coal plants in our State.

For more information on this program go to;

http://www.mountainroadshow.com/

or contact Jan O’Connell at

jan.oconnell@sierraclub.org or 616-956-6646.