E-M:/ Services to be taxed

This list of services that will be taxed is really quite fascinating -- there are services here that I didn’t know were actually offered --

AW

(A) CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY CLEANING SERVICES

(B) BUSINESS SERVICE CENTER SERVICES

(C) CONSULTING SERVICES

(D) INVESTIGATION, GUARD AND ARMORED CAR SERVICES

(E) INVESTMENT ADVICE SERVICES

(F) JANITORIAL SERVICES

(G) LANDSCAPING SERVICES

(H) OFFICE ADMINISTRATION SERVICES

(I) ALL OF THE FOLLOWING PERSONAL SERVICES:

(i) ASTROLOGY SERVICES.

(ii) BABY SHOE BRONZING SERVICES.

(iii) BAIL BONDING SERVICES.

(iv) BALLOON-O-GRAM SERVICES.

(v) COIN-OPERATED BLOOD PRESSURE TESTING MACHINE SERVICES.

(vi) BONDSPERSON SERVICES.

(vii) CHECK ROOM SERVICES.

(viii) COIN-OPERATED PERSONAL SERVICE MACHINE SERVICES.

(ix) COMFORT STATION OPERATION SERVICES.

(x) CONCIERGE SERVICES.

(xi) CONSUMER BUYING SERVICES.

(xii) CREDIT CARD NOTIFICATION SERVICES.

(xiii) DATING SERVICES.

(xiv) DISCOUNT BUYING SERVICES.

(xv) SOCIAL ESCORT SERVICES.

(xvi) FORTUNE-TELLING SERVICES.

(xvii) GENEALOGICAL INVESTIGATION SERVICES.

(xviii) HOUSE SITTING SERVICES.

(xix) SOCIAL INTRODUCTION SERVICES.

(xx) COIN-OPERATED RENTAL LOCKER SERVICES.

(xxi) NUMEROLOGY SERVICES.

(xxii) PALM READING SERVICES.

(xxiii) PARTY PLANNING SERVICES.

(xxiv) PAY TELEPHONE SERVICES.

(xxv) PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER SERVICES.

(xxvi) PERSONAL SHOPPING SERVICES.

(xxvii) COIN-OPERATED PHOTOGRAPHIC MACHINE SERVICES.

(xxviii) PHRENOLOGY SERVICES.

(xxix) PORTER SERVICES.

(xxx) PSYCHIC SERVICES.

(xxxi) REST ROOM OPERATION SERVICES.

(xxxii) SHOESHINE SERVICES.

(xxxiii) SINGING TELEGRAM SERVICES.

(xxxiv) WEDDING CHAPEL SERVICES, BUT NOT CHURCHES.

(xxxv) WEDDING PLANNING SERVICES.

(J) OTHER TRAVEL AND RESERVATION SERVICES

(K) SCENIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICES

(l) SKIING SERVICES

(M) TOUR OPERATOR SERVICES

(N) WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE SERVICES

(O) PACKAGING AND LABELING SERVICES

(P) SPECIALIZED DESIGN SERVICES

(Q) TRANSIT AND GROUND PASSENGER TRANSPORT SERVICES

(R) COURIER AND MESSENGER SERVICES

(S) PERSONAL CARE SERVICES, EXCEPT HAIR CARE SERVICES.

(T) SERVICE CONTRACT SERVICES IN WHICH THE SELLER, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE BUYER'S SINGLE PAYMENT, AGREES TO PROVIDE REPAIR, MAINTENANCE, OR REPLACEMENT OF 1 OR MORE ITEMS OF TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY DURING A SPECIFIC PERIOD OF TIME, WHICH SERVICES THE BUYER IS NOT REQUIRED TO BUY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PURCHASE OF TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY.

(U) SECURITY SYSTEM SERVICES

(V) DOCUMENT PREPARATION SERVICES

(W) MINIWAREHOUSE SERVICES AND SELF-STORAGE UNIT SERVICES

Anne Woiwode, State Director

Sierra Club Michigan Chapter

(517) 484-2372