E-M:/ Arctic Sea Ice in Retreat

Today's (Tuesday) NYT has an article about it.

<http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2007/10/01/science/20071002_ARCTIC_GRAPHIC.html?th&emc=th>

The October issue of the National Geographic also covers it under "Who own the Arctic?"

I have never before seen (from the air) so much pack ice NE of Iceland as this summer, and that certainly supports the idea of accelerated breakup of the Arctic ice cap. The global-warming temperature increases at the poles are far greater than those further south.

I hope that politicians and other deniers can get real and read some reliable sources rather than living in a "separate reality" where global warming is concerned.