E-M:/ Fwd: Community & School Garden Development Institute--

We welcome people from outside of Washtenaw County to come take our Community & School Garden Development Institute.... ...though if you're in the Detroit area, the Detroit Ag Network runs a great course/institute in the winter called Urban Roots that covers similar material (though they include more horticulture than we do), and you should definitely check it out!

Begin forwarded message:

From: Amanda Maria Edmonds <amanda@GROWINGHOPE.NET>
Date: October 2, 2007 2:49:10 PM GMT-04:00
Subject: Community & School Garden Development Institute--

Neighbors & Friends & Colleagues--

Our Fall 2007 session of Growing Hope's Community & School Garden Development Institute is right around the corner, and we still have space left for an additional team or two!  As of now, we do not plan to offer the class again until Fall 2008-- so if you are part of a school, neighborhood, agency, faith community, or other group ready to embark on planning for garden development in spring 2008 , this is the time to participate in our course.  You'll have to act quickly to get your team together-- minimum 3-5 participants in the course.  You'll come out of it with a project plan including goals, action steps, timelines, marketing materials, and more!   Details are below.  The course is free, though we appreciate donations to help cover our printing costs.

Also, if you're ever interested in hearing a presentation about Growing Hope in general, community or school gardens, local food security, or a related topic-- I'm happy to come and present!  Please get in touch.

Amanda

Amanda Maria Edmonds
Executive Director, Growing Hope
734.330.7576

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
-Mahatma Gandhi

Community & School Garden Development Institute starts soon!

Dreaming of starting a community or school garden?  The Community & School Garden Development Institute is a series of practical and hands on sessions for groups interested in starting and maintaining organic gardens in community settings. The five Thursday evening sessions of the Institute (October 11th – November 8 from 6:00-9:00 pm) will cover key aspects of developing and sustaining gardens, emphasizing how your garden team can effectively plan, start & maintain garden.  Are you a part of a group ready to take the plunge and start a garden?  Head to www.growinghope.net to download the applications for the class and contact us immediately to let us know of your interest!

Do you know of or are part of a group that would like to learn more about what it takes to start a community or school garden?  We'd love to make a presentation about the Institute, Growing Hope, and community gardens in general.  Please get in touch!

Please see our website, www.growinghope.net for applications for the Community & School Garden Development Institute.