[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Heads up, folks that live by Michigan's nukes
- Subject: E-M:/ Heads up, folks that live by Michigan's nukes
- From: Kay Cumbow <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:45:24 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Kay Cumbow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reportedly, a big concern with distributing potassium iodide pills to the
public is that it could undermine the reputation of the nuclear industry.
- Kay Cumbow
White House may stop plan for anti-radiation pills
Mimi Hall, USA TODAY
Snip: "WASHINGTON The White House may scrap a plan that would give
anti-radiation pills to millions of people, five years after Congress
ordered that the tablets be made available to anyone living within 20
miles of a nuclear reactor."
Snip: "In July, President Bush stripped the Health and Human
Services Department of responsibility for the program and turned it over
to the NRC."
Snip: "According to the American Thyroid Association, there is no
more effective preventive measure [to prevent thyroid cancer] than
Snip: "Peter Crane, a former lawyer with the NRC and thyroid cancer
advocate...says. "If you entrust our kids' health to nuclear
engineers instead of doctors ? you are inviting disaster."