Re: E-M:/ EPA Dioxin Dow

In a message dated 10/24/2007 12:44:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, MICHDAVE@aol.com writes:

Yes, cleanup levels are subject to negotiations as part of site specific criteria. Last week Dow Chemical proposed a range of 834 ppt to 22, 000 ppt.

My apologies, error in my typing. Last week Dow Chemical proposed the following:

         A site specific range of 890 ppt to 200,000,000 ppt.

As I've  understood it since 2002, Dow was  to submit a specific number to be evaluated not a range. Surely just one more monkey wrench to delay or muck up the waters...... not pun intended.

Please note the state's residential contact criteria, supported by EPA Region V, is 90 ppt. T

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council