[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ REGISTRATION AVAILABLE: GLREA System Integrator Certification Course - Nov 26-28, 2007 - Dimondale
- Subject: E-M:/ REGISTRATION AVAILABLE: GLREA System Integrator Certification Course - Nov 26-28, 2007 - Dimondale
- From: Jennifer Malinowski <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:51:59 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=TUQASS2bnkGPCqxa0H2l1HOB/qxiWmXAqR2JCGnMyCok3LhqhQoa12c0rz8BSmpYdGXTViIJqXYuVh6jdREAfdLN2w5T+5yTaLf/zDMP36PCI7bYZTyw2ISuoSM80OJ4xQqhyjCdIBtxwNQEOTVlU7K3EtRVwTH9Z5qG5IwCBeg=;
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Jennifer Malinowski <firstname.lastname@example.org>
apologies for multiple postings... please distribute widely!
Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association Presents:
System Integrator Certification Course
Date: November 26th ? 28th, 2007Time: 9:00 am ? 5:00 pm daily
Location: GLREA Energy Demonstration Center,
257 S Bridge Street, Dimondale
Certification Program Description
This 3-day course in a classroom setting is for PV-experienced individuals in the utility industry, building and engineering professions, state and local inspection agencies, electrical contracting and for current practitioners in the renewable energy or distributed generation field. Course content is aligned with the NABCEP Task Analysis for a PV Training course.
This program expands on the training of GLREA?s PV Apprentice Course and provides advanced training that builds professional proficiency in optimal photovoltaic system design,
application, business management and ethics for meeting the requirements of electric utility, state and local electrical standards.
The GLREA Professional Certification Board is committed to the long-term success of professionals through this program which addresses these goals and activities:
- Train practitioners in advanced topics of systems design and performance standards, including PV array/inverter matching, inverter interconnections with single and three-phase power systems, busbar loading, mechanical supports and other design and application practices.
- Provide systems integrators with in-class PV systems design practice.
- Train practitioners in PV related issues of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Give PV practitioners tools for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining PV systems.
- Familiarize practitioners with utility interconnection, building and zoning, and electrical permit processes.
- Update practitioners on current technologies, new products and code revisions through continued education.
- Provide training for inspectors to enable them to approve grid-tied distributed generation energy systems.
- Train utility personnel in inverter technologies and utility systems interconnection
- Successful completion of GLREA?s PV Apprentice program including a passing grade on the PV apprentice exam and submission of three complete PV systems designs, OR
- Special approval of the GLREA Professional Certification Board
ALL COURSE REGISTRANTS MUST ALSO COMPLETE AND MAIL IN THE LINKED REGISTRATION SHEET: CLICK HERE
Course Completion Requirements
- Successful completion of a 50 question in-class exam
- Full GLREA Certification also requires submission of work experience documentation on a minimum of 10 PV systems for a total power of 5 kilowatts. This documentation can be provided after completion of all other requirements.
Robert Pratt, PE: Owner and President of RGP Pro, Inc. and previously Principal Engineer specializing in energy systems and photovoltaic technologies for 36 years at DTE Energy.
GLREA Energy Center : 257 South Bridge St., Dimondale, MI 48821
Non-members: $500.00 ~
Includes all books and references
Jennifer Malinowski, Program Manager
Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association
257 S. Bridge St., PO Box 346, Dimondale, MI 48821
2007 Michigan Solar Tour - Saturday, October 6, 2007
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around