Re: E-M:/ Pete (turtle ass) Hoekstra was on Grand Rapids TV 8 'To the Point' ...

I suppose it would be the same person that says you have to be Amy Vanderbilt in order to be forcefully articulate or to stand up for a position.

Ass=obstinate, so I found it quite appropriate. Language evolves, like everything else on the planet.  The only constant is change.  Words that people would have fainted over when my mother was a child are used commonly now, and words take on different meanings as time passes.  My mother is 83 , and she uses modern English. Sometimes ya gotta call 'em like you see 'em.

Rather than quibble shouldn't the focus be on why Hoekstra is opposed to saving part of Michigan's heritage?  Like if he liked Michigan he would like be trying to save turtles, 'no what I mean?

Edie

ps off topic, another Hoekstra who likes turtles~~~http://www.geocities.com/mfhoekstra/Turtles.html