E-M:/ Fwd: Growing Hope Center Taking Root! Top Ten Ways You Can Help!

Read on for an update from Growing Hope in Washtenaw County... Exciting things on their way!

Begin forwarded message:

From: Amanda Maria Edmonds & the Growing Hope Team <info@growinghope.net>
Date: November 5, 2007 4:46:21 PM GMT-05:00
Subject: Growing Hope Center Taking Root!  Top Ten Ways You Can Help!

                                                           November 2007 - Vol 1, Issue 10

                             learn, share, & grow with growing hope

TOP TEN WAYS
To Help Growing Hope
This Month!

There are lots of ways to contribute, and I hope you'll consider at least one!  Want to know more?  Scroll down for details, or click on the link to connect to more information on our website.

1) Make a donation
2) Eat dinner with friends
3) Learn to dance
4) Join our board
5) Share a story
6) Buy a calendar
7) Volunteer
8)
Make an introduction
9) Be fashionable
10) Facebook it

1) Make a donation

Whether a year-end gift to Growing Hope, a monthly deduction from your credit card ($6/month is $72 in a year!), or a designated gift to the Growing Hope Center campaign, your donations allow us to grow hope.  Our donors are young and old, and come from all economic backgrounds--  every gift is important to us!
Donate now online,  or contact Amanda (amanda@growinghope.net or 734-330-7576) about making a larger gift.

2) Eat dinner with friends
That's right, eat dinner, and raise funds and support for Growing Hope!  Host a dinner party or potluck for your favorite folks-- maybe you'll invite two people, maybe twenty-- and ask people to donate what they'd pay for a meal out at a restaurant.  Suggest $10-$25, or whatever you feel comfortable with.  We've even made *very cute* dinner party kits for you, along with invitations, napkin rings, and placecards if you'd like them!  Email info@growinghope.net to get yours!

3) Learn to dance
Calling all dancers-to-be!  We'll be holding beginning swing dance lessons on Monday evenings at Bombadil's Cafe and Coffee Shop in downtown Ypsi.  No partner or experience needed!  Lessons run on Mondays from 7:30-8:30 pm, November 12- December 10 and will focus on new material each week.  Join us after the lesson from 8:30-10:00 for open dancing and practice time!  Lessons are sliding scale $5-$10 each night, and include the open dancing portion.  Open dancing only is sliding scale $3-$5.  Email info@growinghope.net to sign up!  All proceeds benefit Growing Hope!

4) Join our board
We're looking for a few additional board members, ready to serve and gain great skills by helping to govern, advise, and fundraise for Growing Hope.  Great experience!  Read more about
board expectations here or take a look at our invitation letter.

5) Share a story
Email or snail mail us a note about what Growing Hope means to you-- how do you think our work is valuable, and how has it touched your life or community? Please share!

6) Buy a calendar
Coming soon!!!  2008 Growing Hope wall calendar features full color photos of edibles and flowers, along with helpful information about what's in season.  Check back to our website for order info-- and learn how your group can sell the calendars as a fundraiser!  Affordable ad space still available.  Call us at 786-8401 or email amanda@growinghope.net if you'd like a prototype.

7) Volunteer
Volunteer opportunities are year-round, though we've entered the fold-and-stuff season and could use extra hands.  We promise a good time if you join us in the office for an hour or three this fall!  Volunteer opportunities posted
here!

8)
Make an introduction
Do you know one (or ten) people who may be interested in getting involved with or otherwise supporting Growing Hope?  Introduce us, please!

9) Be fashionable
New printing of the ever-popular Growing Hope t-shirts and baby onesies will be available for sale online later this month.  Think holiday gifts to yourself or others-- and sport your shirt all around town!

10) Facebook it.
Yes, we have a facebook group, and if you're a facebook-er, you can
join it and get linked in.

Dear Amanda,
As our outdoor season winds down, we're still very wound up, as it's an exciting time offall corn 2 growth for Growing Hope.  We're four weeks away from closing on our Growing Hope Center property, and gearing up on our program plans for 2008.  I hope you'll consider how you can stay involved with us-- and have included a fun-filled top-ten list that should have at least one option for everyone!  Thank you for all of your contributions and energy this season!

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Amanda
The Growing Hope Center
is taking ROOT
         ...and you can help!
GH Center
Have you heard?  We're closing on the future Growing Hope Centerproperty on December 7th... and need some additional support to reach that goal!

We've been dreaming and planning a permanent home for Growing Hope for a few years now, and we're getting closer to realizing this space for garden and healthy food demonstration, education, and inspiration.  The
Growing Hope Center, to be developed at 922 W. Michigan Ave, just outside of downtown Ypsilanti, Michigan, will be this home!

Lots of information and pictures are now up on our
website, where you can also see a short slide presentation of the project.

To meet our initial fundraising goal-- enough funds for downpayment, predevelopment, closing costs, and 2008 payments-- we need just $9000 more in the next few weeks!  That $9000 will let us leverage a generous matching grant, and allow us to meet our $50,000 goal.
Can you help us get there?

In 2008, we'll be launching our capital campaign to raise near $1 million for the entire project, and will need all hands on deck to help bring the
Growing Hope Center into fruition.  We'll also be looking for volunteers to help us save pennies as we green-renovate the house on the property into our offices, fix up the garage, and start tending the grounds...

Gh Center building
Tire swingbackyard
Join Our Mailing List!
In gratitude & hope--
The Growing Hope Team
Amanda, Ben, Michelle, Roy,Tracy & the GH Board of Directors

Growing Hope is a 501c3 nonprofit in Washtenaw County dedicated to helping people improve their lives & communities through gardening.  We hope you'll join our efforts.
This email was sent to amanda@growinghope.net, by info@growinghope.net
Growing Hope | 32 North Washington | Suite 11 | Ypsilanti | MI | 48197

Amanda Maria Edmonds
Executive Director, Growing Hope
734.330.7576

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
-Mahatma Gandhi