SB 572: Allows commission of natural resources to regulate the use of modified bows for hunting.
On the floor:
SB 174 - A bill to prohibit the manufacture, sale, or exchange of toys with lead content in excess of amount permitted by federal regulation.
HB 4132 - A bill to prohibit certain
lead-bearing consumer products or require labeling.
SB 534 - A bill to modify the brownfield
redevelopment authority requirements.
HB 4597 - A bill to provide for hunting on Department of Natural Resources controlled land.
Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs will meet Wednesday (11/28) at 1:00 pm to take up:
SB 212 - Ratify the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence river basin water resources compact.
SB 858 - Amends the Safe Drinking Water Act to implement the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence river basin water resources compact.
SB 859 - Provide penalties and remedies for
water withdrawal violations.
No votes are expected.
On the floor:
HB 5031 - a bill to designate deer hunting season for certain disabled veterans to correspond with the special youth hunt
HB 5085 - to establish secured registration for snowmobiles.
Agriculture will meet on Wednesday (11/28) at 2:30 pm or after session to take up SB 92 – a bill to exempt fats bound for producing fuels from liquid industrial waste requirements.
Tourism, Outdoor Recreation and Natural Resources will meet on Tuesday (11/27) at 10:30 am to take up
SB 530 – A bill to provide standards
for noise emission from snowmobiles.
Great Lakes and Environment may meet on Wednesday (11/27) at noon to take up:
- HB 4343 - Ratify the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence river basin water resources compact.
- HB 5065 - Regulate water withdrawals and water diversions.
- HB 5066 - Modify certain registration and reporting requirements for water withdrawals and require conservation measures.
- HB 5067 - Enhance enforcement of water withdrawal regulations.
- HB 5068 - Regulate water withdrawal.
- HB 5069 - Provide for a water withdrawal assessment tool.
- HB 5070 - Modify authority for water users committees and local ordinances.
- HB 5071 - Require evaluation of certain proposed waterworks systems.
- HB 5072 - Regulate bottled water facilities.
- HB 5073 - Provide department of environmental quality with rule-making authority over water withdrawals.
Transportation will meet on Thursday at 10:30 am to take up SB 59 – a bill to create an alternative road funding task force.
Michigan Environmental Council
119 Pere Marquette, Ste 2A