E-M:/ Water Town Hall Meeting in Detroit

TOWN HALL MEETING:

Water Concerns & Solutions

Thursday, November 29

Wayne County Community College—Community Room 236

1001 West Fort Street; Detroit, MI

5:30pm—Reception (refreshments provided)

6pm—Water Town Hall Meeting

The Great Lakes hold one-fifth of the world’s freshwater supply and currently provide drinking water to over 42 million people.  Yet each day, our Lakes are damaged economically and ecologically by untreated sewage, toxic pollution, and invasive species.  Furthermore, residents fear water turnoffs.  Unless we invest in a solution today, the price we pay tomorrow will be much higher and future generations may never experience our lakes and rivers as we know them.  Join us in being part of the solution!

TOPICS & SPEAKERS INCLUDE:

Sewage Overflows

Mr. Phil Argiroff, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality

Storm Water Pollution

Wayne County Department of Environment

Industrial Pollution and Fish Advisories

Mr. Charles Simmons, Eastern Michigan University

Water Turnoffs

Mrs. Marian Kramer, Michigan Welfare Rights

Environmental Justice

Ms. Rhonda Anderson, Sierra Club Environmental Justice Program

Melissa Damaschke

Sierra Club Conservation Organizer

1723 West Fourteen Mile Road

Royal Oak, MI 48073

Phone:  (248) 549-6213

Website:  www.sierraclub.org/community/oakland

Together, we will keep the Great Lakes GREAT!