Re: E-M:/ Jeff Kart has Phragmites on his mind

A while back there was a comment about how phragmites are being dispersed along the roads.  While driving to the SPAC meeting at White Lake I witnessed a good news - bad news situation.  The good news was a local resident coming toward me with a pickup load of harvested phragmites on the way hopefully to a disposal site.  Bad news is the phragmites have long stalks and the seed heads were high out past the truck tailgate.  After I passed the truck going the opposite way I could see the seed cloud like swirling snow full length of the road behind the truck.  The South Shore Drive on White Lake has been well seeded.
Lesson: Please cover and restrict the seeds when disposing the plants.
Tom Hamilton