Re: E-M:/ Love mountains? Hate coal!

Does anyone know where the southern low-sulfur Western Coal mined from?  Is one method less destructive to the environment than another?  Is there a method to find out exactly where ones' coal comes from , and to what degree a homes electricity is powered by coal?  I have asked DTE and they either do not know, or are unwilling to share.

Just curious.  Thanks.
Namaste,
Edie