From: Fineart3@aol.com
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Sent: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 4:01 pm
Subject: E-M:/ Bald Cypress

Several news stories describing the dioxin problem in the Saginaw River have referred to stands of bald cypress sharing the contaminated shore. I was not aware that bald cypress occurred naturally in Michigan.
Are these introduced trees or are the stories in error?

John Covert
Friends of the Detroit River