E-M:/ FREE! 2008 EPA Brownfields Conf in Detroit

I just wanted to alert you all (particularly those with an interest in land use and urban redevelopment) that the 2008 National Brownfield Conference will be held in Detroit next year.  It’s free and a great opportunity to learn and educate others. Hope lots of you can make it. . .

Brownfields 2008: Roadmap to Revitalization
May 5–7, 2008
Cobo Center
Detroit, MI

See below and the attachments for more information, or visit www.Brownfields2008.org.

Should be an interesting and useful opportunity.

Brad Garmon | Land Programs Director
Michigan Environmental Council | www.mecprotects.org
ph. 517-487-9539 | fax 517-487-9541
PLEASE NOTE NEW EMAIL brad@environmentalcouncil.org

 ________

Subject: 2008 U.S. EPA Brownfields Conference

Good Morning, Brad:

As a member of the Host Committee, I wanted to make you aware of the 2008 U.S. EPA Brownfields Conference scheduled for this coming May of 2008, in Detroit.  The conference will bring together thousands of public and private sector economic development professionals devoted to redeveloping brownfields across the country.  With that kind of expertise all under one roof, we should be able to present some very unique projects.  The conference is a good source of information about federal and state grant programs, tax credits, development incentives, but also draws from regulatory agencies, private developers and financial institutions.

John Kerr
Detroit/Wayne County Port Authority