[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ New SEC rules?
- Subject: E-M:/ New SEC rules?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:04:21 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: email@example.com
The SEC under Chairman Chris Cox proposing to limit public interest resolutions going to the shareholders............
No New Year Resolutions?
By Kari Lydersen
In These Times
Monday 17 December 2007
The U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) has proposed changes that could prevent many shareholders from raising issues of social and environmental corporate responsibility.
- SEC proposes curbing shareholder power.
Over the past few decades, shareholder resolutions have played a significant role in persuading major companies to improve their labor, environmental and corporate governance practices.