[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Re: E-M:/ Fw: Michigan legislature
- Subject: Re: E-M:/ Fw: Michigan legislature
- From: "George Jackson" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:22:12 -0500
- Cc: WovenWoman@aol.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=a/5uVn7hd3rpfP4oCLOP5vYmjfitPXa+VxWJRK5jElQ=; b=osyFqZTY+KH+mLeQP3KcxGZlqWMoXVUvasrdaSkNHM8cSAyO/L+b5XZ1Pg7EvaaeRaf55/mi2cKZ0roKsmX1a0UInZHLBkNVjytRZnTVNJXcOvS6wQSMgBlp1PfHSlrvSuuvldlCB35QW+oGdQYfpc1yp6foal6rVUpzKvVN66c=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=a0lOZOp3+ckmFPMYvrhZpY3HdiF+luYVk62hTn8i8cG6w71sLTNnuTtEU7ZYKbOfM2barf2zxF0SlEnvEorLs1Tff5Anr+C0qX737FviYX1xZe9bdNJqbqjpG6XuOkl44m0GiI6+a3NiBApGaQszQU3Tb7RcpHbtlSpZxdvFAsM=
- In-reply-to: <012201c847cd$393cc1d0$3c1bdf45@D5625G61>
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <012201c847cd$393cc1d0$3c1bdf45@D5625G61>
- Reply-to: "George Jackson" <email@example.com>
I think that you all make valid points. The question of a part-time vs. full-time legislature speaks to the larger issue of michigan government reform. The state needs to re-examine its antiquated and complex system of operating and delivering services to counties, cities, villages and townships.
On Dec 26, 2007 9:09 AM, dana <firstname.lastname@example.org
Fully agree Edie. Add to that the elimination of term limits and life-time pensions unless they have served in either or both branches a minimum of 25 years ....
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Fw: Michigan legislature
Rather than turn our legislators into part -timers, how 'bout requiring that they are in their offices or on official business a minimum amount of days (like 250) and cannot miss any votes? CANNOT MISS ANY VOTES! (without a Drs Excuse) No "I had a once in a lifetime vacation opportunity" excuses.
Also..when they leave, poof, insurance etc is gone, just like any other job. One week paid vacation, 6 six days. Thats it.
Innovation in Community & Environmental Planning