Will Michigan Local Governance Structure Join the 21st Century?

State May Push Local Governments To Cooperate

-George

On Dec 26, 2007 9:09 AM, dana <dschindler@jackpine.net> wrote:
Fully agree Edie.  Add to that the elimination of term limits and life-time pensions unless they have served in either or both branches a minimum of 25 years ....

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Fw: Michigan legislature

Rather than turn our legislators into part -timers, how 'bout requiring that they are in their offices or on official business a minimum amount of days (like 250) and cannot miss any votes? CANNOT MISS ANY VOTES! (without a Drs Excuse)  No "I had a once in a lifetime vacation opportunity" excuses.

Also..when they leave, poof, insurance etc is gone, just like any other job. One week paid vacation, 6 six days.  Thats it.

Merry Christmas
Edie

--
George Jackson
Innovation in Community & Environmental Planning