Re: E-M:/ What were the most important environmental issues/stories/events of 2007?

I'd add the following....

a.   re-emergence of  nutrient/algae/water quality problems in Saginaw Bay and
Western Lake Erie

b.   The continued march of asian carp up the Illinois River and Ship canal towards
Lake Michigan.

c.     Senate passage of the CAFO deregulation package by Michigan's
environmental tone deaf republican party troglodytes

d.   Discovery of 15 new exotic species in the Great Lakes

e.     One more year of no firm plans for extensive regional light rail transportation in
Southeastern Michigan.