RE: E-M:/ What were the most important environmental issues/stories/events of 2007?

We're going to see very far-reaching effects from Congress's recent gutting of wind and solar funding and their subsidies for nuclear power in the Omnibus Bill.   Also, we're slated to have another nuclear power plant built in Michigan, as well as the previously mentioned coal-burning plants.   Talk about heading in the wrong direction!  :(

On the positive side, here in the central Upper Peninsula we're seeing a wonderful interest in local, organically-produced food and farmer's markets.  :)

Linda Cree, Michigan's U.P.

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more