To: "Chris Reader" <xopher@tigerburningbright.net>; "George Jackson" <bicepbulletin@gmail.com>
Cc: "enviro-mich" <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Fwd: Detroit considers sale of City's small parks

Enviro-Mich message from "Delavan Sipes" <delavan1122@comcast.net>

Gee, guys, it seems to me that you are talking about a perfect setup for a developer who has the money to purchase the parks, and the time to wait for the opportunity for resale or development. That doesn't sound like optimal use of parkland. Parks are set aside for people to enjoy--to relieve some of the stress of life, and not for some quick gain through sales by the local government. As I said earlier--once sold, it's gone forever.
Delavan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Reader" <xopher@tigerburningbright.net>