Re: E-M:/ Fwd: Detroit considers sale of City's small parks

Seems like it would make a lot more sense to knock down a few thousand of the rat and cockroach infested abandoned homes and rebuild those areas , rather than sell parks.  Of course its a heck of a lot cheaper to build where there is nothing, and who wants to really put money into a city thats dying?  No one. Developing those areas where parks are will do nothing to benefit Detroit, its a scheme to make a few bucks by a quick but false boost of employment.  Whos gonna buy those homes?  If you call 911 in Detroit, its as good as walking to the hospital since they do not have the man power or equipment to respond. Fix whats broken, don't take away potential, like the beauty and attraction of a lovely green area.
Just my opinion.
Edie Britt