E-M:/ Registration Deadline Friday for Conservation Conference

Dear Enviro-Mich Subscribers:

The Nature Conservancy, together with Ducks Unlimited, the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, and Michigan State University, is hosting a unique conference next week aimed at generating a discussion about our economic and environmental future in Michigan.

"The Future of Conservation: Expanding Impact through Collaboration," will be held Wednesday, January 16, 2008 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center in East Lansing. Keynote speaker Lou Anna K. Simon, PhD, President of Michigan State University, will start the day's discussion and Bill Rustem, President and CEO of Public Sector Consultants, Inc., will facilitate  the conference's ambitious agenda.

This unique conference will bring together people interested in protecting our economy and environment—policy makers, business leaders, natural resource managers, and scientists—to discuss:

The conference is made possible by generous support from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation and the Dart Foundation. Registration and lunch are free of charge, but pre-registration is required. Please go online to http://nature.org/michigan and click on "REGISTER NOW." More than 120 people have already registered, but we still have some spots left. Registration closes this Friday, Jan. 11.

We hope to see you at the Kellogg Center next week!

Melissa M. Soule, APR
Director of Communications & Marketing
msoule@tnc.org
(517) 316-2268 (Desk)