E-M:/ Climate change conference at MSU - April 9-10

Enviro-Mich message from "Maya E Fischhoff" <mayaef@msu.edu>

Hello! We're happy to announce that the website for registration and proposal submission is now available, at http://www.environment.msu.edu/climatechange/

CALL FOR PAPERS, POSTERS, AND SESSIONS

Please join us for at "Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region," a conference at Michigan State University on April 9-10, 2008.

Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of the 21st century, and adequate response to it will have to be developed at the regional as well as at the global and national level. Following on last spring's symposium, "Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region: Decision-Making Under Uncertainty," we will bring together researchers, decision makers, educators, activists and citizens to examine how climate change will affect the Great Lakes region and how we can respond to it. We encourage you to attend, and to shape the event! We welcome submissions of:

a) fully organized sessions, either paper sessions or, participatory workshops. (Typical sessions will be 90 minutes in length.)

b) individual papers or posters.

Abstracts of individual papers or posters or proposals (500 words or less)for sessions are due February 15. Please submit them at http://www.environment.msu.edu/climatechange/
For questions about submission content, contact Maya Fischhoff at mayaef@msu.edu.

With best wishes,

Thomas Dietz
Director, Environmental Science and Policy Program
Assistant Vice President for Environmental Research
Michigan State University
environment.msu.edu