Re: E-M:/ RE: / Don't fight climate change with tariffs?

I think the discussion of tariffs is coming because of China and India. I believe they already sense this is coming and realize they will have to be part of the solution. The tariffs would subtract their gains from bypassing the carbon emission controls (and save US jobs). If the US joins the EU on this, it will work.