Re: E-M:/ How About 20% Renewable Energy by 2008?

I should modify my previous statment:  the burning of alcohol fuels is not carbon neutral, just "apparently" renewable, although I dispute that claim in the long run
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ How About 20% Renewable Energy by 2008?

It would be good to see more details on this.  For example:

1) the burning of alternative fuels may be close to carbon neutral, but the production of those fuels is not (this is one of those cradle to grave issues that I mentioned before)
2) What means did they achieve the 20% generation of municipal power from renewable resources.  The burning of trash is considered to be renewable. Trash incinerators don't exactly have a good reputation.  Nor do tire burners.  They are renewable, but the combustion is largely carbon sourced