Dr. Debra Rowe, a national expert on campus sustainability will be speaking at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant on January 31, 2008.
Details of her talk are below. This event will take place in the Park Library Auditorium from 3:30 to 5:00 PM. The event is free and open to the public. Hope to see some of you there.
Creating a Greener Planet and Better Future: Opportunities and Resources for You
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2008
Presenter: Dr. Debra Rowe
In order to make a difference one needs desire, knowledge and resources. There is no doubt we are facing serious global challenges with respect to environmental, social, and economic health. The United Nations General Assembly has declared 2005 – 2014 a " Decade of Education for Sustainable Development." In this session, Dr. Rowe will share stories illustrating what students, faculty, and industry leaders are doing right now to create a better future for all of us. Find out what is possible at CMU, become better educated on issues of sustainability, and get resources to help you (and others) in both your career and personal life.
Here are Dr. Debra Rowe’s credentials/affiliations:
· PhD in Business, University of Michigan
· MBA, University of Michigan
· MA in Psychology, University of Michigan
· BA from Yale University
· President, U.S. Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development, www.uspartnership.org
· Co-Chair, Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium, www.heasc.net
· Senior Advisor, Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, www.aashe.org
· Senior Fellow, Association of University Leaders for a Sustainable Future, www.ulsf.org
· Professor, Sustainable Energies and Behavioral Sciences, Oakland Community College, www.oaklandcc.edu/EST
Thomas K. Rohrer, Asst. Prof. & Director
Environmental Studies Program
318 Brooks Hall
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant MI 48859
U. S. A.
Ph. (989) 774-4409
email = firstname.lastname@example.org
CMU Environmental Studies Program information is available at:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world: indeed it is the only thing that ever has!
-- Margaret Meade
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though sometimes checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much.....because they live in that gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
~~ Teddy Roosevelt
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
~~Samuel Adams, American Patriot and Brewmaster