E-M:/ 2% Solution - Focus the Nation Webcast, Wednesday, January 30

Michigan State University will host a showing of a live national webcast “The 2% Solution”, Wednesday, January 30th at 8:00p.m. in B108 Wells Hall.. Join Stanford University climate scientist, Stephen Schneider, sustainability expert Hunter Lovins and green jobs pioneer Van Jones and youth climate leaders, for a discussion of global warming solutions. Audiences can weigh in with cell phone voting. The one hour webcast will be followed by a conversation about what we can do in our own communities.

On Thursday, January 31st, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the MSU Union Ballroom there will be a Community Forum on our climate change response with a panel of state officials, faculty, students, and utility leaders. For more information, see www.ecofoot.msu.edu .

These events are sponsored locally by Eco, Michigan Student Sustainability Coalition, University Activities Board, Office of Campus Sustainability, the University Committee for a Sustainable Campus, and the Nissan-WWF Environmental Leadership Program.

All events are free and open to the public

For more information on Focus the Nation  visit www.focusthenation.org

Terry Link, Director

Office of Campus Sustainability

412 Olds Hall