Re: E-M:/ Naming policy necessary

Enviro-Mich message from John Rebers <jrebers@nmu.edu>

Maybe the DEQ should think about this, too. I'm sure there's a hazardous waste site out there waiting to be named after Russ Harding. And perhaps all those CAFOs we hear about be named after other favorite politicians...

John Rebers

HAMILTREEF@aol.com wrote:
Is this new policy good/bad?
Should the big polluter companies get their names on our state jewels by taking advantage of the state when the state is in financial hard times?
Naming policy necessary <http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1201531624248900.xml&coll=6>

The new policy that is scheduled to be considered next month would allow individuals, corporations, foundations and not-for-profit groups, or other entities to attach their names to state land and park facilities for up to 25 years, if authorized by the department's director. Naming rights for a term greater than 25 years, or in perpetuity, would have to be approved by the commission.
http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1201531624248900.xml&coll=6 <http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1201531624248900.xml&coll=6>

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape <http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489> in the new year.