E-M:/ Energy 2100: making the lakes Great

Enviro-Mich message from "Gail Krantzberg" <krantz@mcmaster.ca>

APRIL 22 - 23 IN TORONTO: DON'T MISS IT!

visit www.energy2100.ca

and have your voice heard.  take our very short survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=rBCTBhdMBxDO60zbIDvyfg_3d_3d

We have reached a crossroads and are presented with an opportunity for
change. Energy 2100: Making the Lakes Great opens the dialogue on our
energy future as we search for energy options that sustain our Great
Lakes.

The Great Lakes, which contain 20% of the world?s surface freshwater
and are home to a broad variety of natural habitats, are under serious
threat. Huge swaths of wetlands have been lost, thousands of miles of
rivers are impaired, and miles of shoreline are degraded. Invasive
species ply the waters, and climate change places human and ecosystem
health in peril.

Under the leadership of McMaster University?s Dofasco Centre for
Engineering and Public Policy, Energy 2100: Making the Lakes Great
marks the first time experts from Canada, the United States and China
will gather to confront an emerging public policy challenge. The
challenge is to develop energy policy that sustains the Great Lakes
ecosystem and the health of people living within the Great Lakes basin.
Topics include:

?  Global perspectives on energy security, competitiveness and
   renewable energy sources

?  The impacts of mercury emissions on Great Lakes communities

?  Impact of climate change on Great Lakes water quality and quantity

Thanks for making the Lakes Great!

Dr. Gail Krantzberg
Professor and Director of the Centre for Engineering
and Public Policy in the School of Engineering Practice
McMaster University, ITB 109
1280 Main St. W
Hamilton, ON, L8S 4L7
905 525 9140 x 22153

thanks for making the Lakes Great

(for security reasons I do not create an out of office autoreply)