Re: E-M:/ Meijer's Internal Investigation

Meijer can't be too worried about investigating itself.  The only thing they are concerned about is how 'not' to get caught the next time.  Their money takes care of any political challenges.

The tax break doesn't specifically name Meijer, but is structured so that Meijer is the only existing state-based business that qualifies, according to an analysis done for the Michigan Senate.

From Oct. 31, 2006, through October 2007, Meijer's PAC gave almost $130,000 to state politicians.

"Clearly with (Meijer's) campaign contributions and lobbying they are important actors in state politics," said Rich Robinson, executive director of the nonpartisan Michigan Campaign Finance Network. "Certainly, there's a case that could be made the special tax consideration was a function of political clout as much as financial need."

http://www.record-eagle.com/local/local_story_034093023.html