RE: E-M:/ Energy company seeking leases for wind turbines

It is not choosing between wind generators and nothing.  It is choosing between wind generators and other forms of power, which presently is our dependence on coal, producing climate change, mercury poisoning, asthma and other respiratory illnesses.  Which aesthetics do you prefer?

Also, well place wind generators are of less danger to birds than the killings from windshields and windows.  Please put your concerns into perspective.  I also suggest you read Plan B,  available online from the Worldwatch Institute’s Founder by going to the Earth Policy Institute.

Debra Rowe, Ph.D.

President

U.S. Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development

www.uspartnership.org

Facilitator

Disciplinary Associations Network for Sustainability

www.aashe.org/dans

Co-Coordinator

Higher Education Associations Sustainability  Consortium

www.heasc.net

Senior Advisor

Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education

www.aashe.org

Senior Fellow

Asssociation of University Leaders for a Sustainable Future

www.ulsf.org

Professor

Sustainable Energies and Behavioral Sciences

www.oaklandcc.edu/EST