[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Fwd: Sierra Club-SEMG Meeting 2/7 Project Safe Passage
- Subject: E-M:/ Fwd: Sierra Club-SEMG Meeting 2/7 Project Safe Passage
- From: Carol Izant <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 06:30:16 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=vvE6uDPJtBZ/zEXh/IiLUF7Otk25RrcIIHArXkdL861jX1tqrFUTA8FmivUd1XyyKgvMVXTeCfhY5r7yUDP49i5nRL8YdFAIzT40VDVDpoU02orXZgJAs4asI7MSurX8aEvoff+WeqiSkuSSwnYvxyqk0b58noKlDNSxQy7ohdE=;
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Carol Izant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Note: forwarded message attached.
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
--- Begin Message ---
- Subject: Sierra Club-Southeast MI Group Meeting , February 7, Project Safe Passage , A Presentation by the Detroit Audubon Society
- From: Southeast Michigan Group <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 15:28:35 -0800
- Authentication-results: mta358.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=comcast.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
- Reply-to: Southeast Michigan Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Project Safe Passage
A Presentation by the Detroit Audubon Society
Each year one hundred million to one billion birds die during night migrations. Many small birds such as warblers, wrens, vireos, thrushes and tanagers migrate at night on their way either to their summer breeding grounds or their wintering grounds. They face many hazards in both directions but tall, lighted buildings have been shown to be one of the most dangerous. It is thought that the lights on tall buildings confuse the navigation systems of birds unlucky to have such buildings in their flight path. Project Safe Passage?is an initiative spearheaded by the Detroit Audubon Society designed to reduce the carnage by turning off the lights in tall buildings during the spring and fall migrations. Please join us on Thursday, February 7, 2008 and learn how you can help ensure a safe passage for our winged friends.
The Southeast MI group (SEMG) meets on the first Thursday of each month at the Northwest Unitarian-Universalist Church, 23925 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI. The church is located along the southbound US10 service drive between 9 & 10 Mile. Our meetings begin with a potluck dinner at 630pm followed by a brief local club update at 730pm. The featured programs listed below begin at 8pm. All are welcome, members and non-members alike, so please consider bringing a friend! For more info, contact Carol Izant at (248)352-6137 or email@example.com.
FYI :You can easily download a 2-page pdf document with current SEMG outings and have it handy for easy reference. Here is the address: http://www.michigan.sierraclub.org/semg/Resources/Documents/Jan-Apr_2008.pdf
If you do not wish to receive further email messages of this type, reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be removed from this list.
85 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
--- End Message ---