Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Energy company seeking leases for wind turbines

In a message dated 2/3/2008 11:04:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, DGROWE@oaklandcc.edu writes:

Also, well place wind generators are of less danger to birds than the killings from windshields and windows.  Please put your concerns into perspective.  I also suggest you read Plan B,  available online from the Worldwatch Institute’s Founder by going to the Earth Policy Institute.

Debra Rowe, Ph.D.

President

U.S. Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development

Have any studies been done on the potential effects that Keweenaw wind turbine could have on migration patterns and bird loss in the Atlantic Flyway?  What do ornithologists specializing in migration patterns say?

Atlantic Flyway migration pattern:

Keweenaw Peninsula

Comparing the two maps it would seem that placing turbines in the middle of a migration route might result in quite a few more deaths than that from a windshield/.window.

Namaste,
Edie