From: Larry Nooden <ldnum@umich.edu>
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2008 12:55:43 PM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ plastic bags

About 20 years ago, Australia switched to bio- and UV-degradable plastic
bags, and that diminished the litter, especially around garbage dumps.

I believe the plastics that we use in these bags are banned in Europe, at
least in N Europe.  Their bags can be incinerated without generating
dioxins, etc.

and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action.  Archives at

Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For info, send email to