Re: E-M:/ global warming/population

Enviro-Mich message from <awakenow@charter.net>

Amen! Thank you for your insight!
 Who has the time to pay attention to the issues or vote when they're cold, homeless and don't have health care?

Universal/National Health Care would solve a lot of these problems. Other countries manage, why not the U>S? Working class people are exhausted and barely hanging on to survive. They're not privy to these conversations. Some don't read well.
They're just trying to pay the bills with substandard wages and stay alive..
Vote? Doubtful. And it's not 'cause they're all stupid. Survival takes a lot of energy and certain skills some of the better educated folks might not have.
We need more Grassroots (on the ground) movements.

Point of Interest: Midland (Dow's Corporate Headquarters) have more Homeless people than you could imagine. Trickle down theory not working here.
Many live under the "Tridge."and in the most dioxin-contaminated areas.
Just a little trivia... sorry didn't mean to stray so far from the topic.

I'm one of the 'Working Poor." Sometimes it's hard to find the time and energy to fight back..but I'm trying.
Hey, hope everyone saw SICKO. It's worth seeing.We keep settling for half measures and it hasn't worked.

Diane Hebert
Midland