To: <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>; "Chuck Cubbage" <charles.cubbage@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Fw: UCS, science, and the next president on your radio

Enviro-Mich message from <awakenow@charter.net>

Hi Chuck,
How are you?
And what is happening to the poor and working class? They don't have any time, money, energy or formal education to file a report. Yet, they are the most affected.
Hit the streets and talk to the people.You'd be amazed at what you'll learn and how much you could teach. Listen first and then and speak plain and simple language.

I''ll never forget how you defended me at the TSCC meting in the eighties(U.M). Dow and Midland sent the Midland/Dow Goons to attack me. I was scared,but you and a pediatrician from the Children's hospital validated my information and concerns. It was a difficult day for me but I spoke my piece and I had my facts straight.

I just wish I had a formal education. 36 hrs at a community college doesn't get you a job that pays a living wage or the respect you might deserve. Hey, I crawled into landfills, followed waste disposal trucks,interviewed people, did extensive research
and oh so much more. Erin Brockovich environmentalism. No time for fundraising.
None of it looks looks good on a resume, but damned you learn a lot.
I'm older now but still believe that nothing will replace being on the streets and good old-fashioned research and investigations.

Thanks again Chuck...don't forget the people who are affected even if they can't read. Get down, get funky...you might even enjoy it,learn and appreciate the great people you meet

Best Wishes

Diane Hebert
Midland

---- Chuck Cubbage <charles.cubbage@comcast.net> wrote:
Scientific FreedomFriends,
I thought you might be interested in taking a look at this. Any questions about how far the Bush administration has gone to damage our resources and democracy should be made clear by reviewing the wide range of attacks on the intellingence of the US population.
The Union of Concerned Scientists are scientists from all walks of sceince life.
Regards,
Chuck
----- Original Message ----- From: UCS Restoring Scientific Integrity Network