E-M:/ Film Presentation "A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash" Thurs March 6

Pleae note due to the length of this film, we will
begin showing at 7:30pm sharp! As a follow-up to this
film, we will be showing "The Power of Community: How
Cuba Survived Peak Oil" at our April 3, 2008 meeting.
Please join us...and bring a friend!

Note: forwarded message attached.

Be a better friend, newshound, and
--- Begin Message ---
Film Presentation "A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash"

Al Gore presented us with "The Inconvenient Truth" about global warming in 2006. Now comes "A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash" from the award-winning European journalists and filmmakers Basil Gelpke and Ray McCormack. This film tells the story of how our civilization's  addiction to oil puts it on a collision course with geology. Compelling, intelligent and highly entertaining, this documentary film interviews the world's  top experts and comes to the startling, but logical conclusion: our industrial society, built on cheap and readily available oil, must be completely re-tooled and re-imagined. After the film, please join us in a guided discussion about peak oil and sustainable "local future" strategies for metro Detroit.

The Southeast MI group (SEMG) meets on the first Thursday of each month at the Northwest Unitarian-Universalist Church, 23925 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI. The church is located along the southbound US10 service drive between 9 & 10 Mile. Our meetings begin with a potluck dinner at 630pm followed by a brief local club update at 730pm. The featured programs listed below begin at 8pm. All are welcome, members and non-members alike, so please consider bringing a friend! For more info, contact Carol Izant at (248)352-6137 or cogknot@yahoo.com.

To adjust your Sierra Club email preferences, please reply to this email with a description of your wishes. Thank you.

Sierra Club 85 Second St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA  94105

--- End Message ---