[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Film Presentation "A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash" Thurs March 6
- Subject: E-M:/ Film Presentation "A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash" Thurs March 6
- From: Carol Izant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 05:04:28 -0800 (PST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=EaEbO31dkdR3eqWKHYSNmz1W8uhkI6JICxyr7McvHLyfbCulOyVh90bwJH3l9eJwqg4dvwxjHXCRg2xR4SUCsuPFEOOMT9KaRNt/YJqbdsZlrVOcsSAhXTjTmep5R1MKa0DFkOyEADsKJUbtdI3hy/2616OGSVTpdZW/yzbQki0=;
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Carol Izant <email@example.com>
Pleae note due to the length of this film, we will
begin showing at 7:30pm sharp! As a follow-up to this
film, we will be showing "The Power of Community: How
Cuba Survived Peak Oil" at our April 3, 2008 meeting.
Please join us...and bring a friend!
Note: forwarded message attached.
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
--- Begin Message ---
- Subject: Sierra Club Southeast Michigan Grpup Meeting, March 6
- From: Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 15:50:00 -0800
- Authentication-results: mta128.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=comcast.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
- Reply-to: Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group <email@example.com>
Film Presentation "A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash"
Al Gore presented us with "The Inconvenient Truth" about global warming in 2006. Now comes "A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash" from the award-winning European journalists and filmmakers Basil Gelpke and Ray McCormack. This film tells the story of how our civilization's addiction to oil puts it on a collision course with geology. Compelling, intelligent and highly entertaining, this documentary film interviews the world's top experts and comes to the startling, but logical conclusion: our industrial society, built on cheap and readily available oil, must be completely re-tooled and re-imagined. After the film, please join us in a guided discussion about peak oil and sustainable "local future" strategies for metro Detroit.
The Southeast MI group (SEMG) meets on the first Thursday of each month at the Northwest Unitarian-Universalist Church, 23925 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI. The church is located along the southbound US10 service drive between 9 & 10 Mile. Our meetings begin with a potluck dinner at 630pm followed by a brief local club update at 730pm. The featured programs listed below begin at 8pm. All are welcome, members and non-members alike, so please consider bringing a friend! For more info, contact Carol Izant at (248)352-6137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To adjust your Sierra Club email preferences, please reply to this email with a description of your wishes. Thank you.
Sierra Club 85 Second St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
--- End Message ---