E-M:/ Spying on Americans

Given that the environmental movement has been identified as
one political movement that government has spied upon in the
past and given the prominent mention of the Detroit area in this
Wall Street Journal article, here is today's article that
every American should read about threats to the Fourth Amendment
that can potentially sweep citizen political activity in:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120511973377523845.html?mod=hps_us_whats_news

If you want a quicker summary, try these:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/03/todays_must_read_292.php

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2008/03/wall-street-journal-confirms-key-elements-hepting-v-t

Personally, I think every environmental activist should consider themselves
threatened by these secret government activities.   Last year I had a little
experience with a lot of government activity on my website after I corresponded
with an environmental engineering student in Iran about power plant siting.   If
the government is bothering with something this small, then there must be
a fairly massive effort at investigating many, many people in ways that violate
what was supposed to be protections for Americans from this kind of abuse
after the investigations by Senator Frank Church in the 60s-70s...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/15/21134/3228/212/372012

If you weren't already
aware of it, read how ATT has created rooms to rape the Fourth Amendment
to invade the privacy of your communications.   Right now, this company
is trying to get amendments to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
that would excuse ATT and others from massive liability and damages for
invasion of American's privacy.

http://www.eff.org/press/archives/2008/03/06

http://www.eff.org/nsa

http://www.eff.org/issues/nsa-spying

The Story of Room 641A at ATT in San Francisco:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/07/AR2007110700006.html

Keith Olberman's commentary mentioning Room 641A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1cP8oDuyo

Keep smiling while getting surveilled:

http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?videoId=163287

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com