E-M:/ US FWS denies listing for North American Wolverines

PROPOSED RULES
Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants:
  North American Wolverine,
  12929?12941 [E8?4197] <http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20081800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-4197.htm>[TEXT]  <http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20081800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/pdf/E8-4197.pdf>[PDF]

Full notice at PDF clickable above....

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 12-Month Finding on a
Petition To List the North American Wolverine as Endangered or Threatened

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Notice of 12-month petition finding.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce a
12-month finding on a petition to list as an endangered or threatened
species under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended (Act), the
population of the North American wolverine (Gulo gulo luscus) that
occurs in the contiguous United States. After a review of the best
available scientific and commercial information, we have determined
that the population of North American wolverine occurring in the
contiguous United States does not constitute a listable entity under
the Act. Therefore, we find that the petition to list the North
American wolverine (Gulo gulo luscus) that occurs in the contiguous
United States is not warranted for listing. The Service will continue
to seek new information on the taxonomy, biology, ecology, and status
of the North American wolverine and we will continue to support
cooperative conservation of wolverines in the contiguous United States.

DATES: This finding was made on March 11, 2008.

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com